Sunday, June 8, 2008

Size 14 is not fat...but it kinda is.


  • Ownie came to me very excited one afternoon with a revelation. "Mom, there's a woman on tv that will help take the fat off of you! Isn't that nice? Her name is Jenny, I wrote her phone number down for you."
  • A lovely older woman gave me a nice compliment at church last week. Then she put her arm around my waist. At that moment, my full-torso girdle gave up and rolled down right under her hand.
  • When I make comments about being big nobody says "oh please"anymore.
  • Jerm and I had our BMI's tested we both came out on the overweight or obese side of the chart. However, the guy administering the test turned to Jerm and said, "Because of your extra large muscle mass (a.k.a. freakish strength) your test isn't accurate and you're not as overweight as the chart states." He didn't say anything to me.
  • I wear the largest women's pants you can get at the Scout shop. 
  • My dad was helping me shop for a motorcycle. When I told him what model I was looking at, he told me to check the suspension. (In his defense, he may have thought it was for Jerm)
You'd think any one of these things would be enough to make me think-"Hey, I should probably lose some weight or get in better shape". But no. The thing is, when I picture myself in my mind, I'm pretty hot. Call it delusional or call it really good self-esteem your choice.  However, pictures don't lie. That's right folks, me in a two piece swimsuit. The cold soft truth.
I haven't done much to change, until now. I've been getting horrible migraines and figured out that sugar makes them worse.  So to relieve the pain and nausea, I gave it up. It's been three weeks since I bid farewell to my favorite flavor, sweet.
A side-effect of this sacrifice has been a slight weight loss. So, I'm going to pretend that I meant to do that. Plus, I'm actually going to try. As motivation I posted my 'before' shot.  If all goes well, I'll keep posting my progress. If things aren't going so great, don't ask me about it, just pretend like this never happened. :)

4 comments:

Hideaway Girl said...

Mindy you ARE hot! And very, very brave. I too need to try, and stop using breastfeeding as an excuse to binge. I like muffin tops just not the one around my waist.

angie said...

oh crap, thanks for making me take a second look at myself. instead of fat can't we just call it chubby! and oh so brave are you. i will not be posting any shots such as on my blog! although i do have that pink suit again!!!!!!!!

Lindell said...

Girl! you've got kahones! but. . . where'd you hide em in that suit?! You look great to me :)

3 Docs and A Diva said...

Do you remeber a few years ago when you walked into a back yard and saw some parental fiqures jumping on the trampoling in their swimsuits (one of them also a size 14)? What goes around comes around!! You made my day! :)