Thursday, July 10, 2008


The other day I found out that my cute neighbor Caylen nominated my cute husband Jerm for recognition as a "Herriman Hero". This is his letter:

My name is Caylen Craven and I am 17. I am nominating Jereme Gardner for the Herriman Hero award.  Jereme is my neighbor and an excellent role model and friend to everybody.  Jereme can almost always be found helping other people in the community.  When he is not helping his neighbors move heavy objects or do yard work, he is often found with the cub scouts showing them cool tricks and teaching them while he is at it.  
He knows how to have fun no matter what, he's famous in our area for his magnificent snow c
astles that he spends hours and hours building, much to the delight of the neighborhood kids. 
 I have seen him set up tepees in his backyard for the kids to sleep in and is always coming up with
 some cool new idea to build.  He also enjoys hanging out with me and my friends.
 He taught us how to make our own throwing knives and hatchets using his equipment in his garage and he is always ready to give us advice and pieces of wisdom about life.  Jereme is the most deserving Herriman Hero that I could know. 

Isn't that nice? He really is that fun.

4 comments:

angie said...

he really is that fun, any day of the week he is lincs fav! I hope he wins and i hope the wierdos in the neighborhood don't get wind of him making knives and all!

Lindell said...

That is so nice! I teared up a little :)

Anonymous said...

way to go caylen. i couldn't agree more. jerm is such a great "hero" person.

Just Josie said...

What a sweet boy to do that! I agree with him... I think it helps when the men are big kids themselves.... its way fun for all the kids around but sometimes just sometimes its hard for us as wifes to deal with :)