Thursday, July 10, 2008

Here I am!

It feels a while since I've let you all in my daily doings. So here you go, I couldn't stop myself and wrote three. 
 This week Ozzy asked me if he could have "one of those things that you put on yourself when you eat breakfast or watch tv and you don't want to get dressed first".  Do you mean a robe?  Yeah, a Robe! 
 I thought of aunt Debbie. If her kids asked for something like that, she'd just whip one up herself.  In an hour or so later, brand new robes.  Well, it doesn't work exactly like that in my world, but I gave it a shot.  I'm going to learn how to sew if it kills me, it just might. I seriously don't even know how to read a pattern. But, thanks to several trips over to my neighbor, pattern instructions in hand, 2 DAYS, a stiff neck and several pricked fingers later...
Ta Da!  They may not be perfect but my boys are completely satisfied and ready to watch tv without the bother of putting clothes on. I was even able to customize them per their requests. They picked out their own fabric. Ozzy wanted his longer with a hood.  Ownie wanted his a little shorter, no hood, just a "comfy" collar.  I feel so domestic!


3 comments:

angie said...

Wow, can I put in my order? you are quit domestically suprising! I am in awe.

Hideaway Girl said...

NICE work! Since you are a sewing pro now, you should join the summer stash challenge!! :)

3 Docs and A Diva said...

They look adorable in their robes and I loved they each got the kind they wanted for themselves.. I loved the apron you made Natalie and you are sewing like a pro.