Sunday, February 15, 2009

Aunt min's Valentine Spectacular!

We did a lot of stuff this weekend. Uncle Jerm allowed us all to defy gravity.
Zander went first to demonstrate.

Belle went the highest.

Vinny Screamed the loudest.

Gigi laughed the hardest.

Lincoln was the bravest.

(most of them were caught)

We also went ice skating.

Gigi was initially excited to wear the "fancy ice dancer" shoes. That enthusiasm immediately vanished when she tried to stand up.

Zander attempted some tricks and landed right on his face after this one.

Belle had bragging rights being the ONLY one, including the adults, that didn't fall down.

Vinny impressed us all with his coordination. This is him prepping for a double axle.
Unfortunately, I don't have any great pics of Linc. He did make it around the rink twice with me right by his side. He told me to check my watch, I did- "7:34 why Linky?" "So I can tell my parents when I learned to skate by myself!" However, I didn't trust my abilities enough to take my camera out onto the ice. :(

He & Gigi enjoyed the rest of the time watching the big kids and playing with our phones.

We baked cookies too. 
They went quick.
I made "Romantic Chicken Pillows" with "Romeo & Juliet" beans.
Not a hit.
Jerm and Zan were the only 2 that even tried it. The rest of the gang opted for cold cereal or quesadillas over my lovely love-themed culinary creation. Whatever.
Jerm thought they were scrumptious. Thanks babe.
We even had time for games.
Almost everyone slept in the basement after watching some fun flicks.
We had a great time.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun. (just a hint)i love to ice skate. no double axels though, maybe a single.

angie said...

and they are still talking about it! Thanks aunt min and uncle jerm for a great weekend!

Just Josie said...

Oh how fun! I have decided thats the benefit to having sisters.... I don't believe my brothers would voluntarily take ALL 3 of my children :) With all the ice skating I watch you think I would be good but NO! I sit on the sidelines.... What a great aunt you are!!! I think your lovely love themed culinary creation looked delish :)

Lindell said...

What a fun aunt and uncle! Gigi was sad when I told her she was sleeping in her own bed last night.

I would've eaten your culinary delight! yum

Thank you both! and cute pictures :)

Camille said...

Wow Mindy!! Looks like you are just spoiling all the kids!! How fun!