Sunday, August 31, 2008

It sounded like a good idea. Four days of fun and games without the kids for our 11th anniversary. We even flew down and had a pretty nice hotel room.
Things don't always turn out as planned. Jerm doesn't gamble but I did talk him into a Bingo game or two. Then things took a bad turn and we spent an entire day in the emergency room. Jerm had an acute attack of Diverticulitis. weird. We ended up postponing our flight home and paying for another night in the hotel and another day with the rental car. bummer. Jerm spent our extra day drugged up and in bed. I spent the day walking around the fancy malls and eating out alone. It was definitely a memorable trip. The boys had a GREAT time hanging out with cousins and having 4 slumber parties.
We've been home now for weeks but man I guess it took longer to recover than usual. I think I'm still working on vacation laundry! whatever.
My boys think this blogging thing is pretty cool so they asked me to set one up for them. Look for their links coming soon. They write down exactly what they want and I'll post for them. They take all their own pictures and are in charge of content (with some motherly editing by yours truly).

5 comments:

Lindell said...

sorry about your crummy trip, glad you're back!

I think the boys blog is a great idea! can't wait to see em :)

angie said...

are you sure it wansn't the $.99 shrip cocktail, or the buffets? glad he's feeling better.

Hideaway Girl said...

That bites!!! The last trip we went on Rex was stuck in bed with the stomach flu - no fun at all! I am rarely caught up on laundry, but whene we travel, I am buried in it. Takes forever to dig my way out. The boys blogs are super cute!
~Gnat

Just Josie said...

At least you can say it was an unforgetable trip! but what a bummer. you'll have to make it up next year by going somewhere spectacular :)

3 Docs and A Diva said...

Mindy...thanks for your sweet comment for Michelle. oooh, I am sorry Jerm got so sick...that stuff is not fun.
The kids blogs will be fun to see!
Scott's Maddie has one on our link list:)

Thanks again!